Saturday, June 21, 2008

adios america

Tonight's my last night in the U.S. I drove up to D.C. with my dad and grandma this afternoon. We're staying at the Navy Lodge near Bolling Air Force base. We had dinner in Alexandria- Italian seemed like a perfect "last supper". Wow, I act like I'm never coming back or something haha... but who knows I may just love it! 

We're spending the day sightseeing tomorrow. Grandma hasn't been here in about 40 years she said! Dad's excited to see a few things, and I think I'll be getting a dose of Americanism before I leave. Wish you were here mom!

Lexi and I talked today, and we're both so excited! Hopefully we have everything now, but I guess I'll get there and find out. I'm actually looking forward to the 18 hour flight, so we can catch up and do some planning for our teaching.

We're meeting Dr. Kelly and the Malawi crew at Dulles at 5:30, and our flight leaves at 8:30! Next stop: Addis Ababa then Malawi! 


1 comment:

roland lazenby said...

I found your blog. It looks great. I'm ready to ready all about Malawi. My brother in law used to work there and elsewhere in Africa. Have a great time with your adventure. I'm envious.

Roland